Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Doctor Dolittle

I’ve always liked animals. As a child, I used to travel a lot on trains, and every time I saw a cow, a deer or any other earthling, my reaction was quite the same: “Look mum – how sweet!”.. I’ve always regarded animals as cute and interesting creatures.

When I was 5, my parents bought me a dog and I was extremely curious about my new friend’s thoughts and what she’d say to us if she could.. And then I “met” doctor Dolittle – a respected physician who learned the secret of speaking to animals - how lucky he was to enter this unknown world! I loved reading stories about doctor Dolittle and imagining myself being able to understand what my dog barks about.

Today, I’m used to the thought that I may never master this secret skill, but I still love animals and I love coming back to the books from my childhood; they bring a little bit of magic and hope to our life and it turns out that we’re never too old to enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. This has come late, but has been worth waiting for. Not one error here! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very nice to read - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete